PDA Childhood Practice Level 9
SQA is pleased to announce the successful validation of their PDA Childhood Practice Level 9 award.
Centres are now being invited to consider coming forward for approval to deliver this new award and SQA will work with the SSSC to support this process. This award is non-devolvable and not auto-approved to centres. This requires all centres to meet the SQA approval criteria relating to this new award. It is hoped this will enable good coverage across Scotland by SQA accredited centres of the PDA Childhood Practice level 9 award and will give employers and learners choice in where they undertake the award.
The SSSC will require managers of a Day Care of Children Service to hold or to be working towards a Childhood Practice level 9 award upon re-registration after December 1 2011.
This new award will enable the development of the skills and knowledge required to manage services for children and young people. It is aimed at those who wish to progress into management within the Childcare and Playwork sectors without having to complete a full-time university programme.
- Information sheet (88 KB)
The PDA is achieved by completing 5 Mandatory Units and 2 Units from Group A and 1 Unit from Group B.
- FD6X 36 Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management
- FD6Y 36 Developing Services for Children and Young People
- FD70 36 Children’s Rights: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- FD71 36 Participatory Partnerships: Working with Families
- FD72 36 Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management (Workplace Practice)
Group A (2 Units required)
- FD73 36 Childhood Practice: Developing a Rights Based Approach to Service Delivery
- FD74 36 Childhood Practice: Development of Children (Pre-Birth to Three)
- FD75 36 Childhood Practice: Early Learning
- FD76 36 Childhood Practice: Playwork
- FD95 36 Childhood Practice: Youth Services
- FD77 36 Childhood Practice: Family Support
- FD78 36 Childhood Practice: Active Leisure
- FD79 36 Childhood Practice: Leading Professional Development
- FD7A 36 Childhood Practice: Independent Study