Level 5 Diploma - Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England)
This qualification will provide learners in senior roles with the leadership skills and knowledge to competently do their job. This qualification has six pathways:
- Children and Young People's Residential Management
- Children and Young People's Management
- Children and Young People's Advanced Practice
- Adults' Residential Management
- Adults' Management
- Adults' Advanced Practice (England or Wales and Northern Ireland).
Each pathway contains the following mandatory Units. Learners will also need to undertake a wide range of additional mandatory and optional Units from their chosen pathway:
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People's Settings
- Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People's Settings
Why deliver this qualification
This qualification offers centres flexibility and choice because of the comprehensive range of optional Units.
This qualification can be offered in any of the following modes:
- part-time (eg day-release)
- open and distance learning
- infill into existing classes
- evening provision
Who does this qualification suit
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 years and over who are working in, or wish to work, in a senior position within a health and social care setting. It is suitable for:
- adult returners to education
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
Learners must be aged at least 19 years of age. Other entry requirements will be at the discretion of the centre.
This qualification can provide progression to a range of jobs, e.g. as Assistant, Deputy, Unit or Service Manager in the following settings:
- Adult Residential Services
- Domiciliary Services
- Children’s Homes
- Care Homes
Learners who complete this qualification may be able to progress to a degree level qualification in a related discipline.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Learner Guidance and Portfolio
Offer this qualification