Higher National qualifications provide practical skills and theoretical knowledge that meet the needs of employers.
Mathematics is the study of measurement, properties and relationships using numbers and symbols. Mathematics helps us to make sense of the world around us. Mathematics can be used to model real-life situations and can equip us with the skills we need to interpret and analyse information, simplify and solve problems, assess risk and make informed decisions.
Mathematics is contained within many different qualifications. A spreadsheet detailing all available Mathematics Units can be found below.
This spreadsheet lists all HN Mathematics units available within SQA's catalogue. It also indicates where Assessment Support Pack(s) and/or prior verified materials are available.
Please note this is for information only; all assessment materials are contained within our secure site and cannot be accessed here.
- The five new Engineering Maths units have now been published online. Unit assessment support materials are currently being developed.
- The Statistics for Business Unit (F84K 35) was amended slightly in June to allow greater flexibility of approaches to assessment. There is no change to the mandatory knowledge or skills. The two ASPs available for this Unit have been amended to illustrate two different approaches to assessment. These were published on the SQA secure website on 29 August 2014.
- Maths for Construction (H72L 33) - Clarification and correction of wording: minor clarification of wording in Statement of Standards Outcomes 2 and 3 and correction of wording within the Support Notes for Outcome 3.
- An FE Maths event took place on Saturday 25 October 2014 for all College staff; presentations and workshop materials produced for this event will be made available online in due course.
Internal Assessment Reports
- 2016 Mathematics and Statistics (156 KB)
- 2014 Mathematics and Statistics (149 KB)