Read it and sign
Your school or college will give you a declaration that you have to sign before they submit your coursework to SQA for marking. It’s really important that you understand the wording of the declaration, so have a good read of it now:
I confirm that:
- I have read SQA’s Your Coursework booklet and I understand its contents
- I understand that SQA may impose penalties on candidate awards where the rules in the Your Coursework booklet have not been followed
- the coursework submitted with this declaration is all my own work with all sources of information clearly identified and acknowledged
- I understand that this coursework will be submitted to SQA for marking
- You need to sign the declaration before your work is submitted to SQA for marking.
- Be sure you understand the declaration before you sign it. Ask your teacher or lecturer for help if you’re unsure about anything.
Remember that everyone wants to see you do well. Speaking to others about your work and sharing their experience can be really helpful when researching your topics — just make sure the work you submit for marking is your own. So, enjoy your Courses and if you have any questions please ask your teachers or lecturers for advice. They are there to help you.