Certificate in Supporting Cultural Venue Operations at QCF level 2
The Certificate in Supporting Cultural Venue Operations at QCF level 2 will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as event organisation, security, volunteer management, health and safety and venue operations.
This qualification covers meeting and welcoming visitors, communicating in a business environment and giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
This qualification is available through approved centres.
Why deliver this qualification
This qualification offers centres flexibility and choice because of the comprehensive range of optional Units.
Learners can progress to a range of courses at a higher level including Certificate in Cultural Venue Operations at level 3, allowing centres to retain or build student numbers.
This Certificate in Supporting Cultural Venue Operations at QCF level 2 can be offered in any of the following modes:
- part-time (eg day-release)
- open and distance learning
- infill into existing classes
- evening provision
Who does this qualification suit
This qualification is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- school leavers
- adult returners to education
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- individuals who wish to start their own business
This Certificate in Supporting Cultural Venue Operations at QCF level 2 is a component in the Level 2 Cultural and Heritage Venue Operations Apprenticeship framework.
As with all SQA qualifications, entry is at the discretion of the centre.
Learners who have achieved the Certificate can progress to job roles relating to their chosen pathways.
- Front of House or Administration Support staff: with responsibilities such as venue knowledge, ticket sales and exhibition group bookings; dealing with customers, supporting setting-up and servicing meetings; and setting-up and maintaining systems such as finance, staff records, visitor numbers.
- Visitor Services Support: with responsibilities such as meeting and talking to customers; explaining displays and exhibits; demonstrating skills or practices (eg ancient crafts, costumes or practices); and helping customers.
They can also do further qualifications to build on their skills, such as Cultural Heritage, Arts Management a Foundation degree, HNC/D or a degree.
Centres will have to come forward for approval and should contact SQA’s Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA’s general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in the Guide to Approval.
How to assess
Ongoing course assessment will apply. Each Unit specification gives information on the Evidence Requirements and approaches to assessment for the Unit.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
The Certificate in Supporting Cultural Venue Operations at QCF level 2 requires the learner to achieve a minimum of 25 credits: 15 credits from the four Mandatory Units in Group A and a minimum 10 credits from the Optional Units in Group B. A minimum of 6 credits must be from Group B1 and the remaining 4 credits can be taken from either Group B1 or Group B2.
Group Award code: GK2J 54 (25 QCF credit points)
Ofqual Qualification Code: 601/5099/3
For information on the structure of this qualification, please refer to the Qualification Structure.
Unit Specifications and Assessment Guidance
Unit specifications and Assessment Guidance for these qualifications are available on SQA's Secure website. These are available from your centre’s SQA Co-ordinator. For further information, please contact email@example.com
Offer this qualification