Certificate in Supporting Live Events and Promotions at QCF level 2
The Certificate in Supporting Live Events and Promotions at QCF level 2 will develop knowledge and skills in areas such security, providing administrative support to the planning of a live event, and supporting and understanding how to support the planning of live events.
This qualification is available through approved centres.
Why deliver this qualification
This qualification offers centres flexibility and choice because of the comprehensive range of optional Units.
Learners can progress to a range of courses at a higher level including Diploma in Live Events and Promotions at level 3, allowing centres to retain or build student numbers.
This Certificate in Supporting Live Events and Promotions at QCF level 2 can be offered in any of the following modes:
- part-time (eg day-release)
- open and distance learning
- infill into existing classes
- evening provision
Who does this qualification suit
This qualification is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- school leavers
- adult returners to education
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- individuals who wish to start their own business
This Certificate in Supporting Live Events and Promotions at QCF level 2 is a component in the Level 2 Live Events and Promotion Apprenticeship framework.
As with all SQA qualifications, entry is at the discretion of the centre.
Learners who have achieved the Certificate can progress to job roles relating to their chosen pathways.
- Venue and Stage Crew Support: with responsibilities such as supporting the team to load in, breakdown and load out equipment for a live event; and safely supporting the set-up of the stage, instruments, sound and lighting for the live event.
- Event Promotion Support Staff: with responsibilities such as supporting publicity activities and contributing to the production and distribution of publicity for live events; assisting in the production of press releases; and presenting live event ticket sales information.
- Booking Agents Assistant: with responsibilities such as supporting the setting-up of live events for artists and providing administrative support for indoor and outdoor events.
Learners can also do further qualifications to build on their skills, such as Diploma in Live Events and promotions at level 3, or a Foundation degree, HNC/D or a degree.
Centres will have to come forward for approval and should contact SQA’s Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA’s general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in the Guide to Approval.
How to assess
Ongoing course assessment will apply. Each Unit specification gives information on the Evidence Requirements and approaches to assessment for the Unit.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
The Certificate in Supporting Live Events and Promotions at QCF level 2 requires the learner to achieve a minimum of 26 credits: 14 credits from the four Mandatory Units in Group A and a minimum of 12 credits from the Optional Units in Group B.
Group Award Code: GK2G 54 (26 QCF credit points)
Ofqual Qualification Code: 601/5137/7
For information on the structure of this qualification, please refer to the Qualification Structure.
Unit Specifications and Assessment Guidance
Unit specifications and Assessment Guidance for these qualifications are available on SQA's Secure website. These are available from your centre’s SQA Co-ordinator. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer this qualification