SQA were delighted to exhibit and connect with international education professionals again at the NAFSA Annual Conference and Expo 2016
This years' conference took place in the Colorado Convention Center from 29 May - 3 June in Denver, Colorado.
Our dedicated team were at Stand no.1352. discussing the available opportunities for Colleges who are interested in delivering the SQA Higher National Diploma (HND) and the opportunities for Higher Education Institutions to become Progression Partners by recognising the HND for advanced entry into a related Degree programme.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
The SQA HND is a short cycle higher education qualification which enables advanced entry into many undergraduate degree programmes in Universities around the world. Many HND students have studied in their own country before moving abroad to undertake a degree, entering directly into the second or third year.
Benefits of delivering the HND in your College:
- Become a delivery centre and gain SQA Approved Centre status
- Deliver an internationally trusted and recognised short cycle higher education qualification
- Provide your students with practical skills to prepare them for the world of work or further study on a global scale
- Broaden your academic offering with our wide portfolio of qualifications
- Further potential for partnerships with Scottish colleges on student and faculty exchanges
- Through SQAs global partnerships, students have the opportunity to progress onto related degree programmes in the following countries where their HND is recognised for advanced entry:
Opportunities for partnership through progression and articulation agreements:
- Become a Progression Partner and expand your international student intake
- Promotion of your University to our international centres and students
- Joint marketing opportunities
- Shared aim of working together towards internationalisation in education
Thank you to those who visited the stand to find out more about the HND, SQA's longstanding international experience and flexible partnership opportunities. To those who missed us please don't hesitate to get in touch with any of the team directly.
Margaret Hutchinson International Articulation Manager email@example.com
Karen MacGregor International Articulation Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hill Regional Manager (Americas) email@example.com
- Case Studies from HND students, delivering centres and progression partner Universities
- Diploma to Degree model and our partnership opportunities
- Current Higher Education Institutions that we work with around the world