QA2015–18: Designed to prepare you for success
We’re pleased to announce a number of improvements to quality assurance for HN & VQ. QA2015–18 will be introduced in August 2015, with no further changes envisaged until July 2018.
There are a number of key features to look out for:
- The six individual outcome statements will no longer be generalised into one overall outcome rating, so your centre won’t be allocated a blanket statement that uses the lowest outcome you received from the six categories.
- The criteria have been streamlined and simplified — the previous 56 criteria have been reduced to just 37.
- We have clarified the red-amber-green rating system to make it clear when each of the ratings should be allocated.
Guidance and supporting documents will be available from June, well in advance of implementation. This will mean that you will have ample time to find the information you need, and to prepare to meet the criteria.
We will be running a series of events across Scotland and the UK during May 2015. Dates and locations are:
- 6 May 2015 - Aberdeen
- 7 May 2015 - Inverness
- 27 May 2015 - Glasgow
- 28 May 2015 - Edinburgh
Rest of UK
- 19 May 2015 - London
- 20 May 2015 - Birmingham
- 21 May 2015 - Manchester
The events will be of particular interest if your centre:
- is newly approved
- requires additional support on meeting QA criteria, would like to discuss queries etc
- has not previously been verified under the QA criteria
We’ll publish information on how to register for these events in early April.
QA2015–18 is part of SQA’s ongoing review and revision of standards to maintain our world-class reputation and our on-going commitment to centres to help you deliver our qualifications successfully.
If you require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org