Senior External Verifier – Without Portfolio
The primary role of the Senior External Verifier – Without Portfolio is to ensure that all approval and verification activities are undertaken by External Verifiers in their grouping and are carried out in line with SQA policies, procedures and guidelines.
These activities will be under the direction of staff from SQA’s Quality Assurance Logistics Operations - HN and Vocational Qualifications team.
Outline of duties
- Lead grouping and manage processes.
- Support and develop grouping, providing mentoring and coaching as required.
- Monitor the practice of individuals and the overall performance.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance Logistic team concerning approval and verification issues if required.
- Complete administration duties supporting and monitoring grouping ensuring all activities are concluded within agreed time frames and that resources are used effectively and efficiently to achieve best value.
Additionally, Senior External Verifiers Without Portfolio may be asked to undertake the following activities. These activities will attract additional payment
- Undertake additional verification or investigative activity as requested
- Participate in SQA organised events where Senior External Verifier Without Portfolio input is required
- on the collation and writing of Annual Internal Assessment Reports
Successful candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in assessment across the range of courses, levels, qualification types, verification group(s) and the areas for which they are responsible.
- Display through all aspects of the role, SQA Values (Progressive, Enabling, Trusted).
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all members of their grouping, providing management and support as required.
- Communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with their grouping, Head of Centre and /or SQA Co-ordinator and SQA staff both orally (at briefings and meetings) and in writing (reports).
- Provide accurate, professional and supportive feedback on performance to grouping and to SQA.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and administrative skills and provide an attention to detail.
- Have a home computer or laptop with broadband internet connection and a private e-mail address.
- Hold a current clean driving licence.
- Senior External Verifiers Without Portfolio engaged in HN (work-based) and SVQ external verification will be expected to have achieved a nationally recognised External Verifier Qualification.