PDW Workplace Assessor Course
Meeting the requirements of the Workplace Assessor L&D9DI Units/Professional Development Award
This workshop will run on Tuesday 15 November 2016.
It is aimed at those who:
- are responsible for assessing L&D9I
- are already qualified assessors wishing to undertake CPD
- wish to achieve L&D9DI
L&D9DI is suitable for those who assess candidates’ competence to workplace standards in their place of work. Those wishing to attend are therefore advised to refer to our Choosing an appropriate Assessor or Internal Verifier qualification document prior to booking, to ensure this workshop is relevant to the type of assessor role they have and to their assessment environment.
This PDW will provide attendees with a certificate of attendance which can be used for CPD purposes. Those wishing to go on to achieve L&D9DI certification will subsequently have to enrol with an SQA approved centre, and provide evidence of their workplace assessor competence, in order to be assessed by an L&D9DI assessor.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- state what the assessment conditions are for L&D9DI achievement compared with other SCQF and QCF/RQF assessor qualifications
- identify what the knowledge/performance/evidence requirements are to achieve L&D9DI, and have an opportunity to clarify any ‘grey areas’
- identify the type of CPD assessors and IVs of L&D9DI should maintain in order to meet Assessment Strategy requirements, and state the general CPD required by the regulatory body for all SVQ assessors
- recognise the type of evidence assessors can provide of their practice during an external verification visit that would positively contribute towards meeting SQA’s Quality Assurance Criteria