PDW Internal Verifier Course
Meeting the requirements of the Workplace Internal Verifier L&D11 Unit/Professional Development Award
This workshop will run on the following dates:
- Friday 21 April 2017
- Friday 23 June 2017
It is aimed at those who:
- are responsible for assessing L&D11
- are already qualified as internal verifiers wishing to undertake CPD
- wish to achieve L&D11
L&D11 is suitable for those who internally verify assessments carried out in the workplace. Those wishing to attend are, therefore, advised to refer to our Choosing an appropriate Assessor or Internal Verifier qualification document prior to booking, to ensure this workshop is relevant to the type of IV role they have.
This PDW will provide attendees with a certificate of attendance which can be used for CPD purposes. Those wishing to go on to achieve L&D911 certification will subsequently have to enrol with an SQA approved centre, and provide evidence of their IV competence, to be assessed by an L&D11 assessor.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- state what the assessment conditions are for L&D11 achievement compared with other SCQF and QCF/RQF IV qualifications
- identify what the knowledge/performance/evidence requirements are to achieve L&D11, and have an opportunity to clarify any ‘grey areas’
- identify the type of CPD assessors and IVs of L&D11 should maintain in order to meet Assessment Strategy requirements, and state the general CPD required by the regulatory body for all SVQ assessors and IVs
- recognise the type of evidence IVs can provide of their practice during an external verification visit that would positively contribute towards meeting SQA’s Quality Assurance Criteria