RQF Conveyancing/Probate Law and Practice
SQA are experts in developing relevant qualifications delivering the real skills, knowledge and progression routes in demand by employers and learners alike.
SQA offers four RQF qualifications in this area:
- SQA Level 4 and Level 6 Diplomas in Conveyancing Law and Practice
- SQA Level 4 and Level 6 Diplomas in Probate Law and Practice
These Diplomas are jointly awarded with the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
On successful completion of a Level 4 Diploma, learners will be able to apply to register with the CLC as a probate or conveyancing technician, which will provide an intermediate level of professional recognition whilst they continue their Level 6 Diploma studies.
Achievement of the Level 6 Diploma will meet CLC’s eligibility criteria to apply to be licensed, as an Authorised Person, to provide probate or conveyancing services to the public as a CLC lawyer.
The qualifications are based on standards set by CLC and can be taken as part of an Apprenticeship at Technician or Practitioner Level.
- SQA Level 4 Diploma in Conveyancing Law and Practice
- SQA Level 6 Diploma in Conveyancing Law and Practice
- SQA Level 4 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice
- SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice
Information for transitioning or exempt students
- Transitional Arrangements for CLC Students (1.26 MB)
- Exemption from SQA CLC Diplomas (Students (230 KB)
- Exemption from SQA CLC Diplomas (Centres) (230 KB)
- Exemptions from SQA CLC Diplomas Form (534 KB)