SQA Change Programme
SQA’s Change Programme governs all our business projects and embraces digital technology, where possible, to improve the way we work.
The programme is ensuring that our processes, procedures and systems are robust, flexible and scalable, so that we can respond quickly to customer needs in a cost effective way.
In the past year we have:
- increased e-marking and on-screen assessment delivery, particularly for the new National Qualifications
- introduced our e-recruiter software, which has delivered significant benefits to our appointee recruitment and selection process
- begun work to explore and support quality assurance of digital evidence and digital capture of examination responses
- delivered efficiencies for centres by making some types of support available as webinars
Since its introduction on 31 August 2015
Work has also commenced on:
- reviewing our customer channels to improve the experience of interacting with SQA
- exploring options to standardise and improve the delivery of our qualifications in Scotland, the UK and internationally
- creating a flexible, scalable technology infrastructure which enables and supports business change
- upgrades to our technology base, including a move towards Microsoft technology