Graphical User Interfaces
With a Graphical User Interface (GUI) almost all operations can be carried out by using a mouse to select commands from menus or click icons on the screen.
Parameters and switches are replaced by dialogue boxes - pop-up windows containing controls, eg:
- check boxes: similar to switches. When the box is checked, the switch is on, when unchecked the switch is off
- radio buttons provide a set of options, only one of which can be "on" at any time
- list boxes: lists of parameters, from which one can be selected
- edit boxes: boxes that allow parameters to be typed in
- buttons: used to select further options or dialogue boxes.
Next: GUI Directory Listing