National Qualifications 2023 - collection from centres
We are keen to ensure that you are prepared for all parts of the 2023 exam diet and, to assist you, we have collated information on the arrangements for collecting assessment materials for the diet. This includes details on the despatch of stationery to centres, as well as uplift dates and materials for submission.
Despatch of stationery to centres
Following the changes made in 2020, white poly-envelopes bags and SQA/Parcelforce address labels for all uplifts were despatched with the flyleaf stationery on 9 and 22 February.
Guidance notes for preparing materials for uplift will be issued with Attendance Registers (Ex6) and Carrier Reports, which will indicate the material you should present for collection. You will receive these guidance notes (depending on your course/unit entries) for the following on the accompanying dates:
- National 5 coursework – on Wednesday 1 March
- Higher/Advanced Higher coursework – on Monday 27 March
- Art and Design coursework – on Monday 27 March
- Exams – on Monday 17 April
Specific uplift dates and bespoke arrangements are noted below.
Uplift dates and materials for submission
Thursday 16 March
- National 5 coursework material with the submission date of 16 March
Wednesday 19 April
- Higher coursework material with the submission date of 19 April
- Advanced Higher coursework material with the submission date of 19 April
- National 5 coursework material with the submission date of 19 April
Tuesday 25 April – Thursday 1 June
- Exam material will be collected on a daily basis on the next working day following an exam. Due to public holidays, there will be no collections on Monday 1 May, Monday 8 May or Monday 29 May.
Tuesday 25 April
- National 5 Design and Manufacture Assignment: Design
- Higher Design and Manufacture Assignment
- Advanced Higher Design and Manufacture Assignment
Thursday 27 April
- National 5 Art and Design Portfolios
- Higher Art and Design Portfolios
Thursday 11 May
- Advanced Higher Drama Dissertation
- Advanced Higher English Portfolio Writing
- Advanced Higher Geography Project
- Advanced Higher Cruinn-eolas Project
Thursday 25 May
- Advanced Higher Art and Design (Design) Portfolio
- Advanced Higher Art and Design (Expressive) Portfolio
- Advanced Higher Music Technology Project Production
- Higher Photography Project
All uplifts by our designated carrier company will take place between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm.
Uplifts are arranged based on candidate entries at your centre at the time of Attendance Register production. It is important that you let us know if your uplift requirements change. Changes could arise because of late entries, withdrawals or changes of level. If you find an uplift is no longer necessary, please contact us using the details below.
Please note that submissions (including Art and Design) should not be brought directly to the SQA offices or external event locations. For further details, see the Art and Design: Submission guidance (available on the Art and Design Portfolio Assessment page of our website), or contact us using the details below.
Please see section 12: Components and Coursework of Delivering National Qualifications Guide for SQA Co-ordinators 2022–23 and the Key dates for 2022–23 for specific information on the materials to be submitted. These guides are available under the ‘NQ Information’ section on SQA Connect.
If you have any queries regarding the above information, please contact Script Management on 0345 213 6612 (option 2) or at email@example.com.