Examination Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service
Further to our statement of 1 February 2023, we can now provide further information about the Examination Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service (EECCS) for this year.
EECCS will be available to learners
- who are unable to attend the exam, or
- whose performance in the exam may have been affected by a personal circumstance or an unplanned incident on the day which is beyond their control.
All learners are eligible for the Examination Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service where:
- they have experienced a valid exceptional circumstance
- they have completed all the compulsory non-question paper components
- an estimate has been submitted for them
- alternative evidence for the impacted exam components is available.
We would always encourage learners to sit the exam where at all possible. This does not preclude them from having an EECCS request submitted on their behalf. The final decision to submit an EECCS request on behalf of a learner sits with the head of centre. We will only accept requests that have been approved by the head of centre.
Access to the service is free and it is available for all exams in the 2023 exam timetable. The service will open on Monday 24 April, the first day of the exam diet.
We are currently working on guidance for EECCS and will publish this during week commencing Monday 17 April.