Economics - updated coursework assessment tasks
Following the 2023 exam diet, we have updated the coursework assessment tasks for National 5 and Higher Economics. There are no changes to the Advanced Higher coursework assessment task.
Please ensure you refer to the updated versions with your candidates, which are dated August 2023.
Updated National 5 coursework assessment task
- In Section 2, 'Resources', we have made minor amendments to the text on 'do not award marks for'.
- In Section 3, 'Findings, analysis and interpretation', we have clarified text in the marking instructions.
- In Section 4, Conclusions and recommendations' we have added text to the marking instructions to clarify that points can be negative or positive, and we have provided an example.
Updated Higher coursework assessment task
- We have updated Section 4, 'Analysis and evaluation' to highlight that the points of analysis and/or evaluation must link to the theory in the 'application and understanding' section.
- In Section 5, 'Conclusions/recommendations', we have updated the justified conclusion example in 'Additional guidance'.
You will find more information on these changes on the relevant NQ subject pages of our website at www.sqa.org.uk/nqsubjects, where you can also access the updated documents.
About post-exam diet changes to documents
It is normal practice for SQA to review course materials after the exam diet concludes. During the marking of exams and coursework, our exam teams sometimes identify areas of the published marking instructions or instructions for candidates that could be made clearer.
Following the 2023 exam diet, we are updating course specifications and assessment support materials for some National Courses to clarify some of the information for learners, teachers, lecturers and training practitioners.
We will publish all updated documents for all subjects with post-exam diet changes by the end of September.