National Qualifications - entry deadline
The deadline for course and unit entries for schools is Friday 3 November. To ensure successful delivery of the exam diet, we are seeking your support in confirming data for your learners is as accurate as possible by this date. This helps us with the preparation for key processes including the distribution of exam papers and the recruitment of appointees.
When submitting entries for your learners, please consider the most appropriate level for their ability and the workload implications associated with each qualification. Dual-entering a learner at both National 4 and National 5 will likely increase their workload.
Final confirmation of entries is required by Sunday 31 March 2024 to enable accurate planning.
Centres are reminded about our policy that any National 4 entries received after the end of summer term will be deferred to 2025.
Please be aware that some qualifications require approval and if you do not have approval, or your centre has any ongoing qualification approval activity, entries for these qualifications will not be accepted until approval is granted.
National 5 and Higher English – Spoken Language component
As previously advised, most courses will return to full assessment in 2023-24. For learners to achieve the full National 5 or Higher English course, they must be entered and passed for the English: Spoken Language component.
- National 5 English (C824 75) – Spoken Language component (HK57 75)
- Higher English (C824 760 – Spoken Language component (JOOT 76)
Where applicable, we will issue an entries eligibility report in November and will include the Spoken Language component.
Advanced Higher Music course codes
There are two course codes for Advanced Higher Music:
- C850 77 – Advanced Higher Music – learners must be entered for this course code if they are preparing for two instruments or one instrument and voice performance
- C878 77 – Advanced Higher Music: Portfolio - learners must be entered for this course code if they are preparing for their composing portfolio to be externally marked by SQA.
Please ensure that all Advanced Higher Music learners have been entered for the correct course code.
Advanced Higher Art & Design
There are two course codes for Advanced Higher Art & Design:
- C805 77 – Art and Design (Expressive)
- C806 77 – Art and Design (Design)
Please ensure that all Advanced Higher learners have been entered for the correct course and that all portfolio work is submitted in line with the learner’s course entry.
If you have any questions or require support with the submission of entries, please contact Data Services at email@example.com or 0345 213 6612 option 1 – Data Services.