NQ 2024 - upcoming distributions and collections from centres
We are keen to ensure that you are prepared for all parts of the 2024 exam diet and, to assist you, we have collated information on the arrangements for collecting assessment materials for the diet. This includes details on the despatch of stationery to centres, as well as uplift dates and materials for submission.
Flyleaf and stationery distributions
These despatches will include flyleafs, script envelopes, sealing labels, field of study labels and clear-faced bags.
|Schools and training providers
|12 February 2024
|Colleges and late entries from other centres
|26 February 2024
Carrier Reports and Attendance Register distributions
Guidance notes for preparing materials for uplift will be issued with Attendance Registers (EX6) and Carrier Reports, which will indicate the material you should present for collection. You will receive these despatches (depending on your course/unit entries) on the following dates:
|March coursework uplift
|28 February 2024
|April coursework (including Art) uplift
|18 March 2024
|15 April 2024
Uplift dates and materials for submission
Thursday 14 March 2024
- National 5 coursework material with the submission date of 14 March
- Advanced Higher coursework materials with the submission date of 14 March
Wednesday 17 April 2024
- Higher coursework material with the submission date of 17 April
- Advanced Higher coursework material with the submission date of 17 April
- National 5 coursework material with the submission date of 17 April
Tuesday 23 April – Friday 31 May 2024
- Exam material will be collected on a daily basis on the next working day following an exam. Due to public holidays, there will be no collections on Monday 6 May or Monday 27 May.
Thursday 25 April 2024
- National 5 Art and Design Portfolios
- Higher Art and Design Portfolios
- National 5 Design and Manufacture Assignment: Design
- Higher Design and Manufacture Assignment
- Advanced Higher Design and Manufacture Assignment
Wednesday 8 May 2024
- Advanced Higher Drama Project Dissertation
- Advanced Higher English Portfolio Writing
Friday 10 May 2024
- Advanced Higher Geography Project-folio
- Advanced Higher Cruinn-eolas Project-folio
Thursday 23 May 2024
- Advanced Higher Art and Design (Design) Portfolio
- Advanced Higher Art and Design (Expressive) Portfolio
- Advanced Higher Music Technology Project Production
- Higher Photography Project
All uplifts will take place by our designated carrier company between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm.
Uplifts are arranged based on candidate entries at your centre at the time of Attendance Register production. It is important that you let us know if your uplift requirements change. Changes could arise because of late entries, withdrawals, or changes of level. If you find an uplift is no longer necessary, please contact us using the details below.
Please note that submissions (including Art and Design) should not be brought directly to the SQA offices or external event locations. Please contact SQA for further details or see ‘Art and Design: Submission guidance’ on our website.
Please see section 13: Components and Coursework of the Delivering National Qualifications Guide for SQA Co-ordinators 2023–24 and the Key Dates for 2023–24 for specific information on the materials to be submitted. These guides are available under the NQ Information section on SQA Connect.
If you have any queries regarding the above information, please contact:
- Direct line: 0345 213 6612 (option 2)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org