Updated subject-specific guidance for National 3 to National 5
We are updating our existing subject-specific guidance documents for some practical-based courses at National 3 to National 5, to correspond to information in the newly published guidance for Higher and Advanced Higher, where appropriate. The updated documents will provide additional advice to support teachers and lecturers with assessment planning for later in the session.
Please note that we are updating specific information on assessment and gathering evidence, where this is required. We are not making any further amends to the language within these documents, which were previously published in November 2020. Any additional or updated information will be clearly highlighted within the documents.
We have published updated guidance for the following courses:
- Administration and IT — National 5
- Design and Manufacture — National 5
- Computing Science — National 5
- National 5 Design and Manufacture
- Graphic Communication — National 5
- Music — National 3 and National 4; National 5
These are available from the NQ subject pages of our website.
We will publish updated guidance for the following courses over the coming weeks:
- Fashion and Textile Technology — National 5
- Health and Food Technology — National 5
- Media — National 5
- Music Technology — National 3 and National 4; National 5
- Physical Education
- Practical Cake Craft — National 5
- Practical Cookery — National 5
Additional guidance for National 3 to National 5 Music
We have updated the subject-specific guidance documents for National 3, National 4 and National 5 Music, to provide additional information on the assessment conditions for performance-based assessments. We have not made any amendments to the wording on National 5 question papers. We advise reading the updated National 5 guidance document in conjunction with the recently published guidance for Higher and Advanced Higher Music.