Revised Construction Craft SVQs and PDAs at SCQF level 6
CITB SSC has revised the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and structures for the following Construction Craft SVQs at SCQF level 6, including the associated skills tests.
Revised Construction Craft SVQs
- GM7R 23: SVQ in Bricklaying (Construction)
- GM7T 23: SVQ in Carpentry and Joinery (Construction)
- GM7V 23: SVQ in Floorcovering (Construction)
- GM7W 23: SVQ in Painting and Decorating (Construction)
- GM7X 23: SVQ in Plastering (Construction)
- GM7Y 23: SVQ in Roofing Occupations (Construction)
- GM80 23: SVQ in Stonemasonry (Construction)
- GM81 23: SVQ in Wall and Floor Tiling (Construction)
- GM82 23: SVQ in Wood Machining (Construction/Sawmilling Extrusion)
SQA will start processing these revisions in session 2021-22 once we have received the revised structures from CITB.
The revised SVQs will be available for centres to deliver from 1 August 2022.
We will publish the revised structures and product codes by May 2022, to give you time to update the relevant documents and paperwork.
Quality Network events will take place in session 2021-22, where we will launch the revised SVQs and associated Skills Tests and provide centres with more information and support. We will share more details on these events in due course.
Revised Construction Craft PDAs
In line with CITB's revisions to the SVQ structures and NOS outlined above, SQA has revised the corresponding PDAs at SCQF level 6. This applies to the new PDAs that are due to start on 1 August, as well as the existing PDAs. Please note that the existing PDAs will now enter their lapsing period from 31 July 2021.
New PDAs at SCQF level 6 starting 1 August 2021
- GR9H 46: PDA in Bricklaying
- GR9F 46: PDA in Carpentry and Joinery
- GR9J 46: PDA in Floorcovering
- GR9G 46: PDA in Painting and Decorating
- GR9K 46: PDA in Plastering
- GR9L 46: PDA in Roofing
- GT06 46: PDA in Stonemasonry
- GR9M 46: PDA in Wall and Floor Tiling
- GT07 46: PDA in Woodmachining
Existing PDAs at SCQF level 6
- PDA in Bricklaying (GM4N 46)
- PDA in Carpentry and Joinery (GM4P 46)
- PDA in Floorcovering (GM4R 46)
- PDS in Painting and Decorating (GM4T 46)
- PDA in Plastering (GM4V 46)
- PDA in Roofing (GM4W 46)
- PDA in Stonemasonry (GM4X 46)
- PDS in Wall and Floor Tiling (GM4Y 46)
- PDA in Woodmachining (GM50 46)
The revised versions of the PDAs will be available to deliver from 1 August 2021.
Any new candidates starting in session 2021-22 must be registered on the new PDAs at SCQF level 6.
Candidates who are already registered on the existing PDAs, and are continuing into session 2021-22, can also be given the opportunity to do the revised units.
If you have any questions about these revisions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org