About Professional Development Awards
SQA’s Professional Development Awards (PDAs) are designed to develop and deliver high level skills in a sharp, flexible and focused way.
They are ideal for developing the skills of young people, graduates, and other adult learners. They are ideal for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) so employers can use them to enhance the skills of their employees.
Why consider PDAs:
- Flexible qualifications fit for industry, training and education
- Specialist skills applicable at all stages of career development
- Emphasis on strong partnership with employers and industry in their development
- Focused on professional/vocational, work-based or work-related skills development
- Supports CPD, so ideal for workforce development
- Fills skills shortages at advanced SCQF levels
- Backed by SQA’s world-renowned excellence in developing and quality-assuring qualifications
How to find out about PDAs
PDAs are available for a wide range of skills and professions and are generally provided through colleges. Contact your local college to find out what PDA courses they provide.
To give you a flavour there are a range of PDAs in areas such as administration, finance, management, computing and health & social care.