Design and Manufacture
Our National Qualifications in Design and Manufacture provide a broad and practical experience in product design and manufacture, with opportunities for learners to gain skills in designing and communicating design proposals.
Learners develop design skills, knowledge and understanding of materials and manufacturing processes, and enhance their creative and practical skills. The Courses build challenging, coherent and enjoyable learner journeys through all levels.
Available at the following levels:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (274 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (201 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (318 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 4 - National 5) (90 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (191 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (476 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (324 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessements will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Design and Manufacture page.