Our National Qualifications in Latin qualifications develop learners’ translation skills and ability to understand, analyse and evaluate through the study of Latin language and literature. Learners also develop knowledge and understanding of literary techniques and Roman culture.
Available at the following levels:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (161 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (128 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (135 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 3 - National 4 - National 5 - Higher) (93 KB)
- May 2015 Subject Update (120 KB)
- January 2015 Subject Update - Advanced Higher (152 KB)
- September 2014 update letter (157 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Latin page.