Our National Qualifications in Chemistry cover a variety of contexts relevant to chemistry’s impact on the environment and society. This includes the chemistry of the Earth’s resources, the chemistry of everyday products and environmental analysis.
Available at the following levels:
Chemistry common questions
- Chemistry common questions (94 KB)
Chemistry CPD Event Presentations
The following presentation was delivered at CPD events for the National 3, National 4 and National 5 Chemistry Courses in session 2014-15. It can be used by Nominees to help cascade information to colleagues in their school, college or Local Authority. Equally, anyone delivering these new National Courses may find the contents of help in understanding the standards required. Candidate evidence used at the events is available from our secure website.
- Chemistry CPD Presentation - Spring 2014 (4.13 MB)
The following documents were also referred to, or discussed, at the event:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (304 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (277 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (442 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (217 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (253 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (502 KB)
- September 2014 subject update
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
- Understanding the next steps for session 2016-17 - National 3 (195 KB)
- Understanding the next steps for session 2016-17 - National 4 (240 KB)
- Understanding the next steps for session 2016-17 - National 5 (198 KB)
- Understanding the next steps for session 2016-17 - Higher (242 KB)
- Understanding the next steps for session 2016-17 - Advanced Higher (194 KB)
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessements will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Chemistry subject page.