Our National Qualifications in Biology allow learners to investigate the applications of biology in society and the environment.
These qualifications cover relevant and contemporary areas of biology, while allowing learners to develop an understanding of the underlying themes.
Biology common questions
- Biology common questions (487 KB)
Biology CPD Event Presentations
The following presentation was delivered at CPD events for National 3, National 4 and National 5 Biology Courses. It can be used by Nominees to help cascade information to colleagues in their school, college or Local Authority. Equally, anyone delivering these new National Courses may find the contents of help in understanding the standards required. Candidate evidence used at the events is available from our secure website.
- Biology CPD Presentation - Spring 2014 (3.01 MB)
Available at the following levels:
Updates and announcements
- October 2015 subject update (344 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (93 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (277 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (500 KB)
- August 2014 subject update (120 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- January 2014 update letter (22 KB)
- September 2013 update letter