Oil & Gas
Oil and gas are the lifeblood of the global economy, and Scotland’s oil and gas industry will continue to energise the country’s future for many years to come. SQA’s qualifications for the oil and gas industry have been developed with the industry to ensure they are relevant, even in the face of the most hostile conditions.
Staff have to know exactly how to do their job properly and be able to rely on the person next to them to do the same. SQA qualifications are designed to ensure that everyone is fully competent and can prove their competence.
Qualifications in this area
- Bulk Liquid Operations at SCQF Level 5*
- Downstream Control Room Operations at SCQF Level 6
- Downstream Field Operations at SCQF Level 6
- Measurement Processes at Level 3
- Offshore Deck Operations at Level 2
- Process Engineering Maintenance (Electrical) at SCQF Level 5 & 7
- Process Engineering Maintenance (Instrument and Control) at SCQF Level 5 & 7
- Process Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical) at SCQF Level 5 & 7
- Processing Operations: Hydrocarbons at Level 1, 2* & 3
- Processing Operations: Hydrocarbons (Control Room) at Level 3
- Well Services: Coiled Tubing at Level 2*
- Well Services: Mechanical Wireline Operations at Level 2*
- Well Services: Electric Logging at Level 2 and 3*
*These qualifications have now entered into their lapsing periods. Please see each qualification page for finishing dates and further details.
Important information: As of 1 September 2016, all SVQs with an established SCQF level no longer include the SVQ level in their titles. Please note that our web pages and documents will gradually be updated over time as the SVQs are reviewed, so may still contain the existing titles. More information on SCQF levels can be found on our SCQF web page.Offer this qualification