Procurement covers the process of acquisition of goods, works and services from third parties by contracting authorities. It ranges from initial concept and definition of business need through to the end of the useful life of a procured asset or service contract.
As a Non-Departmental Public Body, SQA is accountable to the Scottish Government (Sponsor Department). Details of this relationship and associated responsibilities are set out in the Management Statement and Financial Memorandum. This requires SQA to comply with law and Government regulation as set out in a number of documents (including the Scottish Public Finance Manual, HM Treasury guidance, and European Union procurement directives) which ensures that openness and value for money are achieved in all transactions.
Our Guidance Information
Procurement is changing rapidly within the public sector and as such, SQA took the opportunity to review all procurement processes and procedures and developed a new suite of Guidance documentation.
- How to do Business Guide
- Guidance note on how to complete a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) (142 KB)
Further information is also available by following the related links page.
- Procurement Strategy (210 KB)
- Procurement Procedures (176 KB)
- Procurement Policy including Sustainability (90 KB)
- Terms and Conditions – Products, Works and Services *
- Terms and Conditions – Professional or Consultancy Services *
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaire - Small Value (160 KB)
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaire - Large Value (250 KB)
- Travel and Expenses Policy (244 KB)
- Scheme of Delegation (104 KB)
* Depending on the products or services purchased these Terms and Conditions may be subject to change.
Independent advice on Health and Safety within the workplace and a full range of advice on a healthier work place, which may assist you when completing the PQQ or tender documents can be obtained free of charge from www.healthyworkinglives.com
SQA has provided this link for the convenience of suppliers only and SQA accepts no liability or responsibility for their content. We are unable to provide any warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness or legitimacy of the content of such sites, or the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products provided through external websites. A link to an external site does not imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided or held by such websites.