Who are the Awards aimed at?
The SVQs/NVQs in Customer Services are designed for people working in a wide variety of sectors whose job involves dealing with customers – either internal or external customers. They can be used for people whose role is entirely customer service focussed, as well as those for whom customer service is only part of their role.
The qualifications assess the skills and knowledge people need to perform their job role effectively and are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Customer Service. This means that someone achieving an SVQ/NVQ is able to prove they have the skills and knowledge to do the job to the standard of competence defined nationally by the industry.
How are the Awards delivered and assessed?
Customer Service impacts on all occupational sectors and these qualifications can be embedded in a company’s normal training and development process or can be taken as part of an apprenticeship training programme.
The SVQs/NVQs in Customer Service are designed to be assessed in the workplace so candidates don’t need to spend lots of time away from their work undertaking the qualification which also minimises costs.
The Units/National Occupational Standards making up the SVQs in Customer Service are contained in the Candidate Portfolio Documents.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
|Level:||1,2,3 & 4|
|Downloads:||Customer Service Assessment Strategy levels 1,2,3 & 4 (174 KB)|
Blank Recording Forms
Customer Service (2010 Awards)
|Level:||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Downloads:||Customer Service levels 1, 2, 3 & 4 (612 KB)|
|Level:||2, 3 & 4 (2006 Awards)
|Downloads:||Customer Service levels 2, 3 & 4 (148 KB)|
Candidate Recording Forms
Candidate Disclaimer for SVQ Portfolio
Candidate Portfolios for 2010 Awards (including the Units/National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Z0294 Customer Service - Level 1 GA38 21 (1.35 MB)
- Z0295 Customer Service - Level 2 GA39 22 (2.54 MB)
- Z0296 Customer Service - Level 3 GA52 23 (2.13 MB)
- Z0297 Customer Service - Level 4 GA3R 24 (1.57 MB)
Candidate Portfolios for 2006 Awards - lapsed awards
- Z0226 Customer Service - Level 1 G8NM 21 (337 KB)
- Z0219 Customer Service - Level 2 G89X 22 (712 KB)
- Z0220 Customer Service - Level 3 G89W 23 (731 KB)
- Z0230 Customer Service - Level 4 G8NN 24 (566 KB)
Internal Assessment Reports
Internal Assessment Reports were formerly known as Senior Verifier Reports.
- 2014 SVQ Customer Service (158 KB)
- 2013 SVQ Customer Service (104 KB)
- 2012 Internal Assessment Report Customer Service
|1||April 2007||Customer Service Evidence Requiements level 1 (446 KB)|
|2, 3 & 4||January 2006||Customer Service Evidence Requiements levels 2, 3 & 4 (1009 KB)|
|1, 2, 3, & 4||April 2010||Customer Service Evidence Requirements levels 1, 2, 3 & 4 (1.09 MB)|
SQA would welcome your views, comments or feedback on the standards, qualification structures and guidance for the SVQs and NVQs in Customer Service.
Please send your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates and assessors should pay particular attention to the award criteria which stipulates how many Units can be taken from each optional grouping and the SCQF level of the Units.
- Level 1 Customer Service SVQ Qualification Structure Approved 2011 (117 KB)
- Level 2 Customer Service SVQ Qualification Structure Approved 2011 (128 KB)
- Level 3 Customer Service SVQ Qualification Structure Approved 2011 (125 KB)
- Level 4 Customer Service SVQ Qualification Structure Approved 2011 (106 KB)