Our National Qualifications in Physical Education focus on developing and improving practical and performance skills in physical activities. These Courses provide opportunities to develop team building skills and enhance learners' ability to compete, co-operate and collaborate.
Available at the following levels:
- Physical Education common questions (179 KB)
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (280 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - Advanced Higher) (208 KB)
- March 2016 National 1 and National 2 update (141 KB)
- October 2015 National 3 to Advanced Higher update (305 KB)
- August 2015 Higher update (89 KB)
- May 2015 National 3 to Advanced Higher update (192 KB)
- January 2015 Advanced Higher update (399 KB)
- September 2014 National 1 and National 2 update (375 KB)
- September 2014 National 3 to Higher update (390 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- February 2014 National 3 to National 5 update (93 KB)
- September 2013 National 1 and National 2 update
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Physical Education page.