Art and Design Practical Assessment
This webpage has been developed to centralise the information and paperwork which SQA issues to Centres each year to assist with the submissions of Art and Design Practical Folios.
SQA Co-ordinators will be advised, by email, when the following information is made available:
- Art and Design Key Dates (12 KB)
- Design Brief Evaluation Forms
- Briefing Notes (16 KB)
- Notes of Information for Teachers/Lecturers for Internal and External Assessment (261 KB)
Design Brief Evaluation Form for National 5 and “New” Higher Art and Design
Please note that there are no Design Brief Evaluation Forms for the National 5 and New Higher Art and Design Courses.
Centres are reminded however that an evaluation should be included with each candidate’s Expressive and Design folios for the above courses, as outlined in the Course Assessment Specification and detailed in the coursework assessment task. Candidates and centres have flexibility to choose how best to present their evaluations.
Design Brief Evaluation Forms are associated with the existing Intermediate and Higher Art and Design Courses and must only be used with candidates who are undertaking these Courses. They cannot be used with candidates who are undertaking National 5 and New Higher Courses.
SQA Co-ordinators will be sent the following paperwork:
- Attendance Register forms (National 5, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Higher, New Higher and Advanced Higher Enquiry)
- Package Identifying Labels for National 5, Intermediate 1 and 2, Higher, New Higher and Advanced Higher Enquiry (as appropriate)
- Candidate Identifying labels
- Supply of Parcel Force labels for the submission of Artwork
The following documentation will be made available online only:
- Notes on completion of Attendance Register forms, packaging and submission of the Practical Folios (National 5, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Higher and New Higher)
- Notes on completion of Attendance Register forms, packaging and submission of Enquiries (Advanced Higher Enquiry)
Address for submissions of practical work
The address for submissions will be confirmed in the April distribution.
Advanced Higher Returns
Advanced Higher work is automatically returned, without charge or request, upon the completion of its assessment in June. Where Advanced Higher folio's are sent back to SQA as part of a Marking Review, their return needs to be requested using a Request for Return of External Assessment Material form and the appropriate fee paid, in the same way as other levels of Artwork.
Request for Return of External Assessment Materials
SQA provides a service to return non-examination material submitted to us for assessment where it contains material that cannot be easily copied. Please visit the Request for Return of External Assessment Materials webpage for more information (www.sqa.org.uk/returnofmaterials).
If you require any further information, please contact Event Servicing at email@example.com or call 0345 213 6707.