Art and Design Practical Assessment
This page contains information on the submission of portfolios in Art and Design courses.
Notes of information on practical assessment
- Art and Design: Notes of information (191 KB)
A full list of key dates for submitting National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher portfolios in session 2016-17 will be published in December 2016.
Candidate Portfolio Evaluations
We have created an evaluation template for candidates to use when preparing their expressive and design portfolios at National 5 and Higher. The use of this template is optional for session 2016-17, however it will be a requirement from session 2017-18 onwards.
- Instructions for National 5 and Higher Art and Design portfolio submission (293 KB)
- National 5 Art and Design portfolio evaluation template: Design (70 KB)
- National 5 Art and Design portfolio evaluation template: Expressive (70 KB)
- Higher Art and Design portfolio evaluation template: Design (70 KB)
- Higher Art and Design portfolio evaluation template: Expressive (70 KB)
Labels and documentation
SQA Co-ordinators will receive the following documents in advance of the coursework uplift dates:
- Attendance Register forms (National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher)
- Candidate Identifying labels
- Advanced Higher Flyleafs
- Supply of Parcel Force labels for the submission of artwork
The following documents are available online only, using the links below:
- Package Identifying Labels for National 5 (89 KB)
- Package Identifying Labels for Higher (89 KB)
- Adhesive Labels for Advanced Higher (Design) (50 KB)
- Adhesive Labels for Advanced Higher (Expressive) (50 KB)
Postal address for portfolio submissions
c/o Midlothian Indoor Bowling Club
Request for return of external assessment materials
We provide a service to return non-examination material that has been submitted to us for assessment, where it contains material that cannot be easily copied. To request a return of external assessment materials, please complete the appropriate form below.
- Candidate Request for Return of External Assessment Material
- Centre Request for Return of External Assessment Material
Return of Advanced Higher portfolios
Please note that Advanced Higher Art and Design portfolios are no longer returned to centres free of charge following the external assessment event in June. The return of these portfolios must now be requested as part of the Return of Materials process, and the appropriate fee paid.
If you have any queries regarding any of the above information, please contact our Event Servicing Team by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 0345 213 6664.