Art and Design Practical Assessment
This webpage has been developed to centralise the information and paperwork which SQA issues to Centres each year to assist with the submissions of Art and Design Practical Folios.
SQA Co-ordinators will be advised, by email, when the following information is made available:
- Art and Design Key Dates (13 KB)
- Design Brief Evaluation Forms
- Briefing Notes (15 KB)
- Notes of Information for Teachers/Lecturers for Internal and External Assessment (177 KB)
SQA Co-ordinators will be sent the following paperwork:
- Attendance Register forms (National 5, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Higher and Advanced Higher Enquiry)
- Candidate Identifying labels
- Supply of Parcel Force labels for the submission of Artwork
The following documentation will be made available online only:
- Notes on completion of Attendance Register forms, packaging and submission of the Practical Folios (National 5, Intermediate 1, 2 and Higher) (3.90 MB)
- Notes on completion of Attendance Register forms, packaging and submission of Enquiries (Advanced Higher Enquiry) (3.90 MB)
Package Identifying Labels
Address for submissions of practical work
The address for submissions will be confirmed in the April distribution.
Advanced Higher Returns – Appeals Evidence
Advanced Higher work is automatically returned, without charge or request, upon the completion of its assessment in June. Where Advanced Higher folio's are sent to SQA as Appeals evidence, their return needs to be requested using a Request for Return of External Assessment Material form and the appropriate fee paid, in the same way as other levels of Artwork.
Request for Return of External Assessment Materials
SQA provides a service to return non-examination material submitted to us for assessment where it contains material that cannot be easily copied. Please visit the Request for Return of External Assessment Materials webpage for more information (www.sqa.org.uk/returnofmaterials).
If you require any further information, please contact Event Servicing at email@example.com or call 0345 213 6933.