National 2 Science in the Environment
The National 2 Science in the Environment Course draws on elements of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Learners engage in practical scientific activities, begin to develop scientific literacy through the use of scientific and environmental language in everyday contexts, and recognise the use and value of science in the environment and how it affects everyday life.
Updates and announcements
This explains the overall structure of the Course, including its purpose and aims and information on the skills, knowledge and understanding that will be developed.
These provide an outline of what each Unit will cover within the Course and detail the Outcomes and Assessment Standards.
- Science in the Environment Resources, Forces and Energy (National 2) Unit Specification
- Science in the Environment Living Things (National 2) Unit Specification
- Science in the Environment Sustainable Lifestyles (National 2) Unit Specification
- Science in the Environment Managing an Environmental Area (National 2) Unit Specification
Advice and guidance
Course and Unit Support Notes
These provide advice and guidance for teachers/lecturers on learning, teaching and assessment within the Course and its Units.
Past Papers and Marking Instructions
Unit Assessment Support
These documents contain details of Unit assessment task(s), show approaches to gathering evidence and how the evidence can be judged against the Outcomes and Assessment Standards. Teachers/lecturers can arrange access to these confidential documents through their SQA Co-ordinator.
Understanding Standards materials
We are publishing examples of candidate evidence with commentaries as part of our Understanding Standards programme. These materials are for teachers and lecturers to help them develop their understanding of the standards required for assessment. As these materials become available, they are being published in the following locations:
- Available from our secure website Materials relating to Unit assessment, internally assessed components of Course assessment, and externally assessed components of Course assessment which are subject to visiting assessment. Teachers and lecturers can arrange access to these materials through their SQA Co-ordinator.
- Available from our Understanding Standards website Materials relating to externally assessed components of Course assessment, with the exception of those subject to visiting assessment.
More information on our Understanding Standards programme, can be found on our Understanding Standards page.
Verification and Course Reports
- National 2 Verification Key Messages Round 1
- National 2 Verification Key Messages Round 2
- N2 Verification Key Message
- National 1 and National 2 Verification Key Messages Round 1
- National 1 and National 2 Verification Key Messages Round 2