Transport - Freight
SQA offers Driving Goods Vehicles SVQs at Levels 5 and 6. These awards have been developed from the standards produced by the Sector Skills Council.
On this subject homepage, you will find information relating to the structure of each award and support materials. We hope that you find this information interesting and useful.
- SVQ 2 Driving Goods Vehicles: Van level 5 (GL1E 22)
- SVQ 2 Driving Goods Vehicles: Van level 5 (GA05 22)*
- SVQ 2 Driving Goods Vehicles: Articulated or Draw Bar Vehicles level 5 (GA03 22)**
* This SVQ has been replaced and entered into its lapsing period on 31/3/2016. The finishing date is 31/03/2018
**These Group Awards have been withdrawn and have entered into their lapsing period. The lapsing date is 31/01/2016. The finishing date is 31/01/2018
SVQ 3 Driving Goods Vehicles level 6 is designed for the specific vehicle that you drive, ie articulated or draw bar vehicles; rigid vehicles; and vans.
*This qualification lapsed on 31/03/2016 and will finish on 31/03/2020.
Important information: As of 1 September 2016, all SVQs with an established SCQF level no longer include the SVQ level in their titles. Please note that our web pages and documents will gradually be updated over time as the SVQs are reviewed, so may still contain the existing titles. More information on SCQF levels can be found on our SCQF web page.
National Progression Awards (NPAs)
There are currently two NPAs in the Supply Chain and Logistics sector:
- NPA in Supply Chain Operations at SCQF level 5 (G93X 45)
- NPA in Food Safety Logistics at SCQF level 5 (GA17 45)
More information can be found at NQGA Supply Chain/Logistics and TransportOffer this qualification
- Skills for Logistics is the Sector Skils Council for the freight logistics industry.