National Qualification Support Team (NQST) member
A member of an NQST is a delivering practitioner who is involved in the delivery of one or more of the subjects covered by the NQST. They represent the views of their subject area through an online forum and an annual meeting.
NQST membership is unpaid and there is no payment for any release from employment. SQA will reimburse any travel expenses for attendance at meetings. There is a personal benefit to being a member in terms of continuing professional development and therefore a benefit to centres.
Outline of duties
- Participate in NQST online forum, engaging with Qualifications Manager and other members of the group on any issues/matters arising throughout the year.
- Attend NQST meeting, there will be one meeting per year.
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date subject knowledge and a high level of expertise in assessment in the subject(s) covered by the NQST.*
- Be able to provide constructive feedback representative of the views of fellow practitioners in the subject area.
- Be able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with all members of the group via the online forum and at meetings.
- Be aware that matters discussed by NQSTs are confidential and must not be discussed outwith the online forum/meeting.
- Obtain approval from head of centre/employer in order to be released from employment to attend an annual meeting.
- Have a home computer or laptop with broadband internet connection and a private e-mail.
*Where an NQST covers more than one subject, it is not necessary for applicants to have this experience in all of these.