Qualification verification for Higher National and vocational qualifications
Qualification verification is the process by which SQA ensures centres delivering Higher National and vocational qualifications are assessing candidates in line with national standards, and that assessment decisions comply with our quality assurance criteria.
There are specific quality assurance criteria that relate to qualifications:
Qualification verification focuses on:
- ensuring the validity of assessment instruments
- verifying the reliability of assessment decisions
- verifying assessment instruments are used correctly
- verifying assessment instruments are used in line with assessment specifications
- ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to support the delivery of the qualification
Qualification Verifiers are experienced subject experts appointed by SQA to undertake visiting qualification verification on our behalf.
Further information on the process of qualification verification and the requirements of the quality assurance criteria is available in our Guide to Qualification Verification for Centres 2015–18.