Braille/Adapted Question Paper Modifier
A Braille/Adapted Question Paper Modifier undertakes the review and modification of the content of an SQA examination question paper (or similar examination material) to ensure it is accessible for blind/visually impaired candidates, in accordance with SQA policy and instructions. The content of question papers may need to be modified to reduce visual complexity and layout and, where necessary, reduce visual content, while still meeting the same assessment objectives as the original question paper. These activities will be under the direction of staff from SQA's Qualifications and Operations business directorates as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Attend preparation meeting.
- Review content of question paper and modify as necessary.
- Return modified question paper with appropriate documentation completed within agreed timescales.
- Attend annual review meeting if required.
Successful candidates must
- Have relevant experience in the adaptation of assessment materials for blind/visually impaired candidates.
- Be able to communicate confidently, both orally and in writing, and provide constructive feedback.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Have a home computer or laptop with broadband internet connection and private e-mail address.
Successful candidates should
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the subject matter involved.
- Hold a recognised qualification for teaching visually impaired candidates.
Key performance measures for Braille/Adapted Question Paper Modifiers
Each year, on completion of the duties outlined in the Braille/Adapted Question Paper Modifier contract specification, the Braille/Adapted Question Paper Modifier will be measured against the following key performance measures and informed of the outcome in relation to their performance in that year.
- Participate in preparation meeting.
- Quality assure modified materials for external assessment in accordance with SQA policy and instruction.
- Submit modified materials within agreed timescales.
- Engage positively with SQA staff and other appointees.
- Participate in annual review meeting as required.
- Submit CPD record within agreed timescales where appropriate.