Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies
Our National Qualifications in Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies raise awareness of the relevance of religion, morality and philosophy in today’s world. These Courses address the impact and significance of world religions, contemporary moral questions, and religious and philosophical questions. Learners have opportunities to consider both religious views and viewpoints independent of religious belief.
Available at the following levels:
Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies common questions
Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies CPD Event Presentations
The following presentation was delivered at recent CPD events for the new National 3, 4 and 5 Courses. It can be used by Nominees to help cascade information to colleagues in their school, college or Local Authority. Equally, anyone delivering these new National Courses may find the contents of help in understanding the standards required. Any candidate evidence used at the events will be published on SQA’s secure website as soon as necessary permissions have been obtained.
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (311 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (210 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (321 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 5 - Higher) (95 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (427 KB)
- January 2015 update letter (344 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter