SQA are experts in developing relevant qualifications delivering the real skills, knowledge and progression routes in demand by employers and learners alike.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of competence and knowledge based Construction qualifications.
Our portfolio includes:
- Construction Awards, Certificates and Diplomas at QCF Levels 2 and 3
- Streetworks Assessment and Re-Assessment qualifications
As a provider of Functional Skills and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) we can offer complete Apprenticeship packages in a number of areas.
PLTS comprise of six groups of skills that an apprentice needs to achieve:
- independent enquiry
- creative thinking
- reflective learning
- team working
- effective participation
Each of the PLTS has been mapped to the QCF Construction Units as these need to be formally assessed. The PLTS mapping document and Evidence Sheet for recording achievement can be found on the QCF Construction page of SQA's Secure website.
Training and Assessment Programmes (TAP's)
For the majority of our knowledge awards instruments of assessment are available in the form of Training and Assessment Programmes (TAPs). These provide guidance on content, context, evidence required, marking guidelines, drawings and checklists with clearly stated standards and tolerance's These are available from your centre's SQA co-ordinator. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exemplar TAP (471 KB)
Construction QCF Qualifications Assessment Methodology
This paper outlines the assessment methodology that must be applied to all SQA QCF Competence Qualification’s.
- QCF Assessment Methodology (160 KB)
Please click on the links below to take you to specific QCF construction pages.
- Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment
- Built Environment Design
- Construction Contracting Operations
- Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Construction Design and Management
- Controlling Lifting Operations
- Construction Operations
- Construction Site Management
- Construction Site Supervision
- Decorative Finishing
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Floorcovering Occupations
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Highways Maintenance
- Occupational Work Supervision
- Plant Maintenance
- Plant Operations
- Thermal Insulation (Construction)
- Thermal Insulation
- Winter Services