Qualifications for Assessors and Verifiers
SQA qualifications for Assessors and Verifiers consist of individual SVQ Units and workplace Professional Development Awards (PDAs), available at SCQF levels 8 and 9. Centres can register candidates for either an SVQ Unit or the corresponding PDA. SQA is also accredited by Ofqual to offer a range of qualifications in Assessment and Quality Assurance comprising QCF Units.
SQA support materials are available from the SQA secure site via centre's SQA Co-ordinators. These include the Standards with assessment guidance and evidence requirements; CPD Toolkit and Templates; and a range of other support and guidance materials.
If you require further information on any aspect of the new awards or any approval issues, please contact SQA’s Business Development Team via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0303 333 0330.
- FAQs on SCQF and QCF Assessor and Verifier provision (253 KB) (79 KB)
Why deliver this qualification
The SVQ Units for assessors and verifiers mirror the National Occupational Standards (NOS). These standards have been developed by LLUK (Lifelong Learning UK) to meet the occupational requirements of workplace assessors and internal verifiers across the UK. The SVQ Units mirror these requirements.
These standards for assessors and internal verifiers are the benchmark qualifications for assessors and internal verifiers across all occupational areas and ensure consistency in the application of quality assurance in the workplace.
Who does this qualification suit
These qualifications are for all workplace assessors and internal verifiers of regulated qualifications such as SVQs in all occupational sectors.
For further information please visit:
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
Workplace PDAs in Assessment and Verification
- PDA Workplace Assessment Using Direct Methods at SCQF Level 7 (GA28 47)
- PDA Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods at SCQF Level 8 (GA2E 48)
- PDA in Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment at SCQF Level 8 (GA2F 48)
- PDA External Verification of Workplace Assessment at SCQF level 9 (GA2G 49)
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
Further Information for Centres
A Checklist has been developed to help centres determine the suitability of workplace standards/qualifications that are not subject to Awarding Body quality assurance for the purposes of achieving Units LD9D/LD9DI/LD11:
- Achieving the Assessor and Verifier Units through assessing/verifying workplace standards/qualifications not subject to awarding body quality assurance: (151 KB) a checklist for SQA approved centres
- SCQF levels for Assessor and Verifier Qualifications (66 KB)
Current Assessor/Verifier Units
|Standard||Unit code||Unit||SCQF Level||SCQF Credit||Group Award code|
|L&D9D||FD40 04||Assess Workplace Competence Using Direct Methods (92 KB)||7||8||GA28 47|
|L&D9DI||FD41 04||Assess Workplace Competence Using Direct and Indirect Methods (99 KB)||8||10||GA2E 48|
|L&D11||FD43 04||Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment (92 KB)||8||12||GA2F 48|
|L&D12||FD44 04||Externally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment (90 KB)||9||12||GA2G 49|
Lapsing A & V Units and associated materials
The Units and Awards for Assessors and Verifiers comprising the A1, A2 and V1 Units lapsed on 31 December 2010 — candidates will have until 31 December 2014 to become certificated. The Awards have been revised in line with the new SVQ Units for Assessors and Verifiers. Details of revised and lapsing Assessor and Verifier Units can be accessed below.
- Evidence Requirements
- Assessment Strategy Requirements
- Assessment Guidance for the A and V Units (140 KB)
- Approval Guidance for SVQ, PDAs and A and V Units (151 KB)
- Assessor and Verifier FAQs (115 KB)
- A Units Presentation (4 MB)
- Facilitator Notes for A Units Presentation (15 KB)
- Guide to Assessment (467 KB)
- V1 Units Presentation (3 MB)
- Facilitators Notes for V Units Presentation (15 KB)
- Guidance on Internal Verification (700 KB)
Candidate Log Books
- Candidate Log Book A1 (95 KB)
- Candidate Log Book A2 (88 KB)
- Candidate Log Book V1 (102 KB)
- Candidate disclaimer for SVQ Portfolio (154 KB)
- Candidate disclaimer for SVQ Portfolio (22 KB)
Working in line with the A and V Units
- SQA's refreshed policy relating to assessor and verifier qualifications (74 KB)
- Aligning Centre Assessment and Verification Procedures with the Assessor and Verifier Units (211 KB)
- CPD Toolkit for previously qualified Assessors and Internal Verifiers of SVQs (147 KB)
Assessing Non-SVQs (in order to achieve the A and V Units)
- Checklist: Assessment and Internal Verification of Non-SVQs (86 KB)
- Guidance note: For the Oil and Gas Sector Choosing an appropriate assessment environment to enable A and V Unit achievement
- SVQ and ENTO - Relationship between old and new standards (165 KB)
- A1 Competence Review Checklist (36 KB)
- A2 Competence Review Checklist (33 KB)
- A1 Questions from Quality Network Meetings (160 KB)
- V1 Questions from Quality Network Meetings (159 KB)
- Moderation Feedback 2006 (41 KB)
- Moderation Feedback 2005 (117 KB)
The following PDAs are now lapsing:
- Assessing Candidates Using a Range of Methods (SCQF level 7);
- Conduct Internal Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process (SCQF level 7);
- Assessing Candidates Through Observation (SCQF level 6);
- Conducting External Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process (SCQF level 7);
- Certificate in Delivering Training in the Workplace (SCQF level 7);
- Certificate in Supporting Learning in the Workplace (SCQF level 7).