Our National Qualifications in Computing Science enable learners to develop a range of computing and computational thinking skills across a range of contemporary contexts. This includes analytical skills, problem-solving skills, design and modelling skills, and the ability to develop, implement and test digital solutions. With challenging, coherent and enjoyable learner journeys through all levels, these Courses take account of the modern technologies and development methodologies related to software development and information systems.
Available at the following levels:
Computing Science common questions
Computing Science CPD Event Presentations
The following presentation was delivered at CPD events for the National 3, National 4 and National 5 Computing Science Courses in session 2014-15. It can be used by Nominees to help cascade information to colleagues in their school, college or Local Authority. Anyone delivering these Courses may also find the contents helpful in understanding the standards required. Candidate evidence used at the events is available from our secure website.
Updates and announcements
- May 2016 subject update (212 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (320 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 3 - National 4 - National 5 - Higher) (129 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (199 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (484 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (396 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter