National 2 Lifeskills Mathematics
The National 2 Lifeskills Mathematics Course helps learners to develop skills in numeracy and enables them to use shape, space and data; and money, time and measurement in their everyday lives.
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (287 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - National 5) (229 KB)
- March 2016 National 1 and National 2 update (141 KB)
- October 2015 National 3 to Advanced Higher update (351 KB)
- August 2015 National 3 to Higher update (173 KB)
- May 2015 National 3 to Higher update (199 KB)
- September 2014 National 3 to Higher update
- September 2014 National 1 and National 2 update (375 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 National 1 and National 2 update
This explains the overall structure of the Course, including its purpose and aims and information on the skills, knowledge and understanding that will be developed.
These provide an outline of what each Unit will cover within the Course and detail the Outcomes and Assessment Standards.
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Money (National 2) Unit Specification
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Number and Number Processes (National 2) Unit Specification
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Shape, Space and Data (National 2) Unit Specification
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Time (National 2) Unit Specification
- Lifeskills Mathematics: Measurement (National 2) Unit Specification
Advice and guidance
Course and Unit Support Notes
These provide advice and guidance for teachers/lecturers on learning, teaching and assessment within the Course and its Units.
Past Papers and Marking Instructions
Unit Assessment Support
These documents contain details of Unit assessment task(s), show approaches to gathering evidence and how the evidence can be judged against the Outcomes and Assessment Standards. Teachers/lecturers can arrange access to these confidential documents through their SQA Co-ordinator.
Understanding Standards materials
We are publishing examples of candidate evidence with commentaries as part of our Understanding Standards programme. These materials are for teachers and lecturers to help them develop their understanding of the standards required for assessment. As these materials become available, they are being published in the following locations:
- Available from our secure website Materials relating to Unit assessment, internally assessed components of Course assessment, and externally assessed components of Course assessment which are subject to visiting assessment. Teachers and lecturers can arrange access to these materials through their SQA Co-ordinator.
- Available from our Understanding Standards website Materials relating to externally assessed components of Course assessment, with the exception of those subject to visiting assessment.
More information on our Understanding Standards programme, can be found on our Understanding Standards page.