PDA in Assessment and Supply of Individual Patients' Medicines GE7D 47
The PDA was designed to provide Continuing Professional Develpment (CPD) and career progression for pharmacy technicians who are employed in a patient focused role, supporting the provision of pharmaceutical care to individuals in a variety of healthcare settings such as acute, community and primary care.
The PDA in Assessment and Supply of Individual Patients' Medicines was designed to ensure candidates receive a through practical knowledge of the concepts of the pharmaceutical care of individuals in a healthcare setting. As such, the predominant contents of the Units involve the practical application of pharmaceutical care.
Title: PDA in Assessment and Supply of Individual Patients Medicines
Code: GE7D 47
Edition: 02 August 2015
Downloads: PDA in Assessment and Supply of Individual Patients’ Medicines Arrangements Document (198 KB)
Unit(s) and delivery tools
Group Award code: GE7D 47
The PDA consists of the following Units:
- FA3A 04 Take a Medication History from an Individual
- FA38 04 Prepare to Conduct a Review of an Individual's Medicines
- FA3C 04 Determine the Suitability of an Individual's own Medicine for use
- H9NP 34 Final Accuracy Checking by Pharmacy Technicians 1
- H9NR 34 Final Accuracy Checking by Pharmacy Technicians 2