SQA offers Leisure Management at Level 3.
This qualification will provide the candidate with skills in the Leisure Management Industry.
The SVQs in Leisure Management have been developed by SkillsActive and are intended for people in sport and leisure sector and who have current experience and knowledge within, for example, sports centres (indoor and outdoor), outdoor education and recreation centres, sports clubs (including voluntary organisations).
They will require skills and knowledge in the following:
- Managing resources and leading your own area of responsibility.
- Implementing and reviewing strategies and policies.
- Promotion of equality and diversity.
- Ensuring the health, safety, welfare and security of customers and staff.
The SVQs are designed to be assessed in the workplace, or in conditions of the workplace. Examples of the settings or centres in which the SVQs are likely to be delivered include:
- outdoor education centres
- activity holiday centres
- youth clubs and organisations
- public and private recreation
- sports departments and centres
- university and college sports departments
- NGB centres,
- local/national sports clubs
Centres interested in offering this qualification should come forward for approval and contact SQA's Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA's general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in the Systems and Qualification Approval Guide. The specific delivery requirements are set out in the Assessment Strategy.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
National Occupational Standards
Unit information for this qualification is available on our Accredited Qualification Unit Search
Unit information for this qualification is available on our Accredited Qualification Unit Search.
Core Skills signposting
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
Sport and Active Leisure
|Downloads:||Leisure Management (687 KB)|
Candidate Guidance and Portfolio
Internal Assessment Reports
- 2014 Internal Assessment Report (130 KB)