New Creative & Cultural Qualifications
The way qualifications are regulated in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is changing, which includes the removal and replacement of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Please see our FAQs document contained here.
We are proud to be taking over a suite of QCF Creative & Cultural Qualifications on behalf of Creative and Cultural Skills who approached us to take over responsibility for the delivery.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between SQA and Creative and Cultural Skills which identifies shared goals and areas for future partnership working. We will be working closely together to ensure a smooth transition for existing centres and to provide support during the changeover. We aim to become the awarding body of choice of the creative industries and are keen to continue to support this vibrant sector and industry across the UK.
We have been working successfully with Creative & Cultural Skills to offer some of the equivalent qualifications in Scotland and are pleased to be extending our provision in this area.
Please follow the links below to take you to specific QCF Creative and Cultural pages.
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate Archaeological Practice
- Level 2 Certificate Community Arts Administration
- Level 3 Diploma Community Arts Management
- Level 2 Certificate Cultural Heritage
- Level 3 Diploma Cultural Heritage
- Level 5 Diploma Cultural Heritage
- Level 3 Certificate Cultural Venue Operations
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate Design Support
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma Design
- Level 2 Certificate Libraries, Archives and Information Services
- Level 3 Diploma Libraries, Archives and Information Services
- Level 3 Diploma Live Events and Promotion
- Level 2 Certificate Music Business (Marketing and Promotion)
- Level 3 Diploma Music Business (Record Label)
- Level 2 Award Principles of the Cultural Heritage Sector
- Level 2 Award Principles of the Creative and Cultural Sector
- Level 3 Certificate Principles of the Creative and Cultural Sector
- Level 2 Certificate Supporting Cultural Venue Operations
- Level 2 Certificate Supporting Live Events and Promotion
- Level 2 Certificate Technical Theatre Support: Sound, Light and Stage
- Level 3 Certificate Technical Theatre: Sound, Light and Stage
- Level 2 Certificate Theatre Support: Costume and Wardrobe
- Level 3 Certificate Theatre Operations: Costume and Wardrobe
When will these qualifications be available?
The suite of SQA Creative and Cultural Awards, Certificates, Diplomas and NVQ Certificates and NVQ Diplomas at QCF Levels 2 and 3 will be available from 1 Dec 2014.
How can I offer these Qualifications?
The SQA approvals process explains how to become an SQA approved centre
Initial approval involves centre approval and approval to offer your first qualification
What Support Materials are available?
Unit specifications and Assessment Guidance for these qualifications will be available on SQA's secure website.
These will be available from your centre’s SQA Co-ordinator.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Funding is available?
Initiatives such as the Creative Employment Programme funded by the Arts Council England are available to provide wage subsidy grants to help creative employers with the costs of employing an apprentice.
Who can support me?
Meet your dedicated UK Business Development team.
It's simple and straightforward to get in touch with your dedicated support team by phone, e-mail or online.
T: 0303 333 0330
Office opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with the exception of Local and Bank Holidays.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Unit Specifications and Assessment Guidance
Unit Specifications and Assessment Guidance for these qualifications are available on SQA's secure website. These are available from your centre’s SQA Co-ordinator. For further information, please contact email@example.com
These NVQ Diplomas are a mandatory component in the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
SQA also offers the following components of this Apprenticeship
- Construction Technical (England) CITB Level 3
- Construction Technical and Professional (Wales) Level 3,4,6 CITB
Learner Guidance and Portfolio
- Creative and Cultural Leaflet (220 KB)
Offer this qualification