Diploma in Live Events and Promotion at QCF level 3
The Diploma in Live Events and Promotion at QCF level 3 will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as event organisation, venue operations, security, health and safety.
This qualification covers assisting in the identification of funding streams for live events; undertaking activities to secure funding for a live event; preparing and maintaining a budget for a live event; working effectively with other people in a creative and cultural context; and ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety.
This qualification is available through approved centres.
Purpose and Recognition
Why deliver this qualification
This qualification offers centres flexibility and choice because of the comprehensive range of optional Units.
Learners can progress to a range of courses at a higher level including, allowing centres to retain or build student numbers.
This Diploma in Live Events and Promotion at QCF level 3 can be offered in any of the following modes:
- part-time (eg day-release)
- open and distance learning
- infill into existing classes
- evening provision
Who does this qualification suit
This qualification is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- school leavers
- adult returners to education
- people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- individuals who wish to start their own business
This Diploma in Live Events and Promotion at QCF level 3 is included as a component in the Level 3 Live Events and Promotion Apprenticeship framework.
As with all SQA qualifications, entry is at the discretion of the centre.
Learners who have achieved the Diploma can progress to job roles relating to their chosen pathways.
- Venue and Stage Crew: with responsibilities such load in, breakdown and load out equipment for a live event; and safely supporting the set-up of the stage, instruments, sound and lighting for the live event.
- Music/Events Promotions Assistant, Events Assistant, Events/Entertainment Officer: undertaking activities to secure funding for a live event; supporting the licensing and permissions application processes; researching and assessing the appropriateness of a venue; and contributing to the preparation of contracts.
- Production Assistant: with responsibilities such supporting the Production Manager to co-ordinate budgets; supporting the preparation of the performance; and identifying suppliers.
Learners can also do further qualifications to build on their skills, such as a Foundation degree, HNC/D or a degree.
Centres will have to come forward for approval and should contact SQA’s Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA’s general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in the Guide to Approval.
How to assess
Ongoing course assessment will apply. Each Unit specification gives information on the Evidence Requirements and approaches to assessment for the Unit.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
The Diploma in Live Events and Promotion at QCF level 3 requires the learner to achieve a minimum total of 39 credits: 17 credits from the Mandatory Units in Group A plus a minimum of 16 credits from the Optional units in Group B. The remaining 6 credits may be achieved from the Optional Units in Group B or C.
Group Award code: GK2F 57 (39 QCF credit points)
Ofqual Qualification Code: 601/5126/2
For information on the structure of this qualification, please refer to the Qualification Structure.
Unit Specifications and Assessment Guidance
Unit specifications and Assessment Guidance for these qualifications are available on SQA's Secure website. These are available from your centre’s SQA Co-ordinator. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer this qualification