Our National Qualifications in Graphic Communication develop skills in graphic communication techniques, including the use of equipment, graphics materials and software, and build challenging, coherent and enjoyable journeys for learners through all levels. Combining elements of recognised professional standards for graphic communication with graphic design creativity and visual impact, the Courses also provide flexibility and choice in the use of manual and computer-aided graphics.
Available at the following levels:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (277 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (193 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (319 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 4 - National 5 - Higher) (90 KB) (94 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (191 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (391 KB)
- September 2014 Technologies subject update (157 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Graphic Communication page.