SQA’s Media qualifications provide learners with opportunities to develop both theoretical knowledge of the media and the ability to create media content.
Learners understand and develop their media literacy skills and appreciate the opportunities and challenges that occur in the media industry. Learners develop knowledge and understanding of the key aspects of media literacy and the role of media in society, and plan and research when creating media content, as appropriate to purpose, audience and context.
Media common questions
Valid from August 2013
Valid from August 2014
This Update contains important advice and guidance on revisions to the Course requirements for Higher Media. Printed copies of this special Media update will also be provided to centres.
- Media September 2013 Update (92 KB)
Updates and announcements
- August 2015 subject update (91 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (190 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (334 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter (177 KB)
This Update contains important advice and guidance on revisions to the Course requirements for Higher Media.
- September 2013 Update (92 KB)