Our National Qualifications in Accounting enable learners to understand and make use of financial information.
Learners develop their ability to use Information and Communications Technology (ICT) as a tool for preparing and presenting accounting information, through a choice of accounting contexts.
Available at the following levels:
Accounting common questions
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (353 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (238 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (302 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 5 - Higher) (96 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (206 KB)
- January 2015 subject update (Advanced Higher) (406 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (224 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- June 2014 update letter (399 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Accounting page.