National 2 ESOL
Updates and announcements
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - Higher) (225 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (152 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 3 - Higher) (158 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (131 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (336 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter (177 KB)
These provide an outline of what each Unit will cover within the Course and detail the Outcomes and Assessment Standards.
- ESOL in Context: Reading and Writing (National 2) Unit Specification
- ESOL in Everyday Life: Reading and Writing (National 2) Unit Specification
- ESOL in Context: Speaking and Listening (National 2) Unit Specification
- ESOL in Everyday Life: Speaking and Listening (National 2) Unit Specification
- ESOL: Preparation for Literacy (National 2) Unit Specification
Unit Support Notes
Advice and guidance
Past Papers and Marking Instructions
Understanding Standards materials
We are publishing examples of candidate evidence with commentaries as part of our Understanding Standards programme. These materials are for teachers and lecturers to help them develop their understanding of the standards required for assessment. As these materials become available, they are being published in the following locations:
- Available from our secure website Materials relating to Unit assessment, internally assessed components of Course assessment, and externally assessed components of Course assessment which are subject to visiting assessment. Teachers and lecturers can arrange access to these materials through their SQA Co-ordinator.
- Available from our Understanding Standards website Materials relating to externally assessed components of Course assessment, with the exception of those subject to visiting assessment.
More information on our Understanding Standards programme, can be found on our Understanding Standards page.