Privacy and Cookies Statement
This Privacy Statement sets out the data processing practices of the Scottish Qualifications Authority ('SQA') for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation, through the use of the internet and the World Wide Web. Please read and agree to these terms prior to sending us your details in any electronic communications or for any online transaction.
- Cookies are small text files stored on your device and used by website operators in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the operators of the website or certain third parties. Each cookie usually contains a unique string of characters, which allows a website to distinguish your browser or device from other users. In this cookies policy, we also use the term "cookie" to mean any other similar technology, such as web beacons, local stored objects (such as "Flash cookies"), and pixel tags.
Cookies we use
We use the following cookies on this Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Website.
Purpose Cookie Name Description Expiration
This cookie ensures delivery of this website, by distributing workload across multiple computing resources.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Purpose Cookie Name Description Expiration
These cookies are used to monitor website traffic, search queries and visits to this website.
_utma – 2 years
_utmb – 30 minutes
_utmc – Session
_utmt – 10 minutes
_utmz – 6 months
_ga - 2 years
_gat - 10 minutes
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to this Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Product / Purpose Cookie Name Description Expiration
This cookie is used to track consent, and allow users to control how cookies are set when using this site
This cookie is used to track sessions on SQA.org.uk and the past papers application
This cookie is set after performing a search through the SQA.org.uk website.
Recruitment Portal ajax_search_cookie Holds the search string used when filtering jobs 1 week Recruitment Portal - Secure
Identifies logged in user
Holds timestamp for when a page is called from the server
Holds session ID
End of session Text size TEXT_SIZE Holds text size to be used - Region picker choosecountryregion Cookie to hold country/region chosen 6 months Region picker choosecountryregionurl Cookie to hold url for specific region page used on SQA.org.uk 6 months Style style Cookie to hold accessibility settings 1 year
This cookie is used for the Postcode Finder service
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.Not used on SQA.org.uk
- Third Party Cookies. In addition to the cookies listed above, we also use the following third party cookies for performance and functional purposes, to provide additional function and to make it easier for you to share content on this Website. These are cookies that are set by a third party when you access this Website, and controlled by that third party.
Product Cookie Name Description Expiration
This cookie is set when you opt to listen to a particular page.
These cookies relate to the iPerceptions survey that appears on SQA.org.uk, with the last being set only after participation in the survey.
ipe_s – Session
ipe.pageViewedCount – Session
IPE – 3 months
These cookies relate to the user's YouTube preferences.
YSC – Session
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – 8 months
Accepting and rejecting cookies
- Please note that Cookie Control uses a cookie to remember your preferences. If you clear any cookies from your browser or device then you will need to reactivate your Cookie Control preferences when you next visit this Website.
- This cookies policy may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically so that you are aware of any changes.
- Contact us
- For further information from us on any of this cookies policy or for any queries relating to them, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 279 1000 or write to us at The Optima Building, 58 Robertson Street, Glasgow, G2 8DQ.